Kevin's 36 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do yall hate waiting like I do? I took my wife to work and then I had to meet a guy about some coral at 8 a, hour away and guess what I'm about a hour and a half early... I'm bored

I feel like a stalker waiting in a parking lot for someone to get to work... if only there were some bushes to hide in

Oh wait there is right in front of me. I'm sitting here starring at a bush...and didn't even realize it I need to go back to bed

How did it go and how does everything look?? :) At least you weren't creepy enough to immediately be like, "Oh! Some bushes I can hide in!"

And yes. I HATE waiting. Lol.

Lol it went good he is a beginner fragger loss of algae on them and 2 came off their tiles and he bagged everything together. We will see how they open up

Not bad for $55 bucks
I paid him 80 but I sold one coral that he charged me 15 for to apet66 and I paid him 10 for a new coralife 10k 65 watt pc bulb

Lol it went good he is a beginner fragger loss of algae on them and 2 came off their tiles and he bagged everything together. We will see how they open up
http://www.directupload.net
Not bad for $55 bucks
I paid him 80 but I sold one coral that he charged me 15 for to apet66 and I paid him 10 for a new coralife 10k 65 watt pc bulb

Not bad at all! Your frag rack is awesome. They look pretty good. I like that trumpet coral!

jmay33 said:
I think that's because I do a lot of my learning on the Internet. Lol. Most people call them candy cane corals.

No, you're right. Candy cane corals are the same species as trumpet corals, but candy canes are the 2-color ones with the stripes. There are 2-color trumpets where the center is one color, say red, and the outer part is another color (say green) which aren't candy canes. They have to have stripes on the "outside" flesh of the polyps to be called candy cane corals.

Well, that's always been my experience. They have the different name because wholesalers send fish shops a list of available livestock and when they order them they can get an idea of what the coral looks like without a picture. The list would go like: Lg. Green trumpet, med. green and red candy cane, etc... At least that's how they used to categorize them. -_-

No, you're right. Candy cane corals are the same species as trumpet corals, but candy canes are the 2-color ones with the stripes. There are 2-color trumpets where the center is one color, say red, and the outer part is another color (say green) which aren't candy canes. They have to have stripes on the "outside" flesh of the polyps to be called candy cane corals.

Well, that's always been my experience. They have the different name because wholesalers send fish shops a list of available livestock and when they order them they can get an idea of what the coral looks like without a picture. The list would go like: Lg. Green trumpet, med. green and red candy cane, etc... At least that's how they used to categorize them. -_-

Awesome! I didn't know that! You know things are changing every single day. Lol.

I think its funny when people tell me I can't grow much with a dual PC fixture. I remember when PCs were the new leds you know. They used them for how long with no issues now I need to trash them and spend $300 on leds. When it comes to any hobby generally if you can afford the new technology you already have it. When I say I'm using PCs why tell me to trash them if I could afford leds I would have them lol. some people irritate the crap out of me.... sorry for the rant that's what I get for using another forum lol

Ok my new coral pics

Devils hand leather
Kenya tree
Xenia
Dragons eye polyp
Blastomussa
Birdsnest
Polythoas
Neon green candy cane

I didn't take pic of cabbage leather

Almost if you count the doubles I've got 19

I basically have 3 kenyas 2 from you and my new one
2 pieces of cabbage leather
And 2 xenia but I think they are 2different kinds

Time to look for some with different colors. I really love my Richordea mushrooms.

Back
Top Bottom