Kevin's 36 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here is a email from reef cleaners after I explained they sent 18 live hermit crabs instead of 15 empty shells

" Glad to hear it! The hermits shells come with some disassembling required, you should have read the fine print.

Just kidding of course. Sorry about that mistake there Kevin!"

Well found half of a hermit I'm the sand so something got it :-(

So far most the snails look ok. There are 2 nerites that are not moving around and most the Florida ceriths are not moving but reef cleaners says they can go dormant for a few days. Here is their acclimation process

Soak bag for 15 minutes and then take the snails out and put then in their tank. Wow I thought they needed to be acclimated like normal

I'm gonna have a fun time finding the nassarius to bag up for Tony. They hit the bottom quick and they are small

I also just bought a thing of purigen so I hope it works good

Well found the other half the hermit. one of the new ones got one of my old ones :-(
Should I just leave it it'll give a smaller one a home our should I get it out?

I still can't believe how many snails are in my tank. The dwarf ceriths seem to like the glass. When I fed my fish some of the nassarius snails poped out with their trunks lol.

Ok so I kinda figure I spent 0.08 per critter lol

If I actually ordered everything they gave it would have been over $105

If you've never seen a hermit out of their home, they kinda look like a hand with the legs being the fingers all pointing forward and the palm being the body. No back facing legs at all.
It's quite common for crabs to molt soon after being in a new tank. I've had them do it within a 1/2 day. Perhaps it was just the molt you saw.

Well I delivered tonys snails and hermits

Checked out a new store called Emerald Bay and bought some empty snail shells for my hermits to move to and a firefish

That's good! I don't think he will bother anything. Mine is pretty relaxed. Thanks for the crab and snail deal!

kwandrsn said:
The lfs said that the mystery coral I thought was anthelia is not anthelia but briareum

I've never seen star polyps that looked like that. It may be the picture but I think they look a lot more like clavularia or anthelia. Have you looked up pictures of each coral online to get comparisons? Sometimes shops order one thing from a list and get something different. That can cause a lot of confusion. Maybe it's just the picture. Try looking these things up to see if you can ID it.

it looked like something he googled that was a gargonian he google it and brought up a picture. I thought it was anthelia at first but its, growing taller. Only time will tell I guess

So I'm not noticing any difference with the purigen in the tank yet

Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 20
Ph 8.0
Temp 76.5
Specific gravity 1.025
Kh 10
Calcium 380 (I added another dose of code a)

Back
Top Bottom