Khuli Loach one of my favs.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When cooking veggies for dinner I'll blanch some just to see what the critters think. Watermelon is the real favorite.

Oh, you have to COOK.... no wonder! Ah just kidding.
I had a number of over 20# watermelons this year. No cooking. They had seeds and people didn't want to eat them (losers). This year Sugar Babies or similar.

Will be growing some things for the fish and snails for sure, and DD's' & friends cats.

We tried a garden and the fox squirrels loved it. I do manage to save some pomegranates for myself.

I have been running the Finnex 24/7 Planted + on its 24/7 setting. I am seeing a bit of algae but all these snails and shrimp need something to keep busy. IMG_7587.jpgIMG_7588.jpgIMG_7589.jpgIMG_7590.jpg

Thank you! Now that I have increased the light I worry that plants will need a bit more nutrients. There are osmocoat+ root tabs buried in the sand. But a new anubias leaf is a tad pale. Watching to see if it colors up. Many of the plants in here feed off the water.

What would you recommend as a first low key idiot proof fertilizer? Flourish or Leaf Zone?

Last edited:
Minnesota midgets? I'd love to do sugar babies.

Not sure which varieties will be available, I don't grow my seedlings, not a good spot for them.

Thank you! Now that I have increased the light I worry that plants will need a bit more nutrients. There are osmocoat+ root tabs buried in the sand. But a new anubias leaf is a tad pale. Watching to see if it colors up. Many of the plants in here feed off the water.

What would you recommend as a first low key idiot proof fertilizer? Flourish or Leaf Zone?

Previously used, alternating Aqueon Aquarium Freshwater Plant Food and Seachem Flourish. Each have slightly different ingredients. The other really awesome plant substrate ferts are Ferka Rosetta and Stemma, hard to get around here in the USA.

Why is my sand turning green? IMG_7629.jpg

Is it time to crank that circulation pump back on?

Reduce the lights?

It sure looks like it. Such a pretty color but what do I do to nip it in the bud.

That antibiotic you guys can get readily enthromycin (spelling?) will probably be the quickest fix.

If your not a big fan of using antibiotics then I had great success with increasing flow to the area coupled with increased water changes.

Have you also been adding Fertilisers since getting the new light?

I just started adding potassium. I turned on the circulation pump last night. Tonight I am going to siphon out the sand and treat with H2o2. And turn the lights down and decrease feeding a bit.

Will try some natural paths before resorting to erythromycin.

Last edited:
I wonder if it's the potassium combined with plants not growing fast enough to use it up.

I looked at my pics from right before I started adding and I can see a green tinge to the sand. So I think it was just beginning and perhaps the potassium gave it a boost? I will not dose for a few weeks after clearing it up(fingers crossed). If I dose again and it pops right back up....

Honestly I have been a bit heavy handed with the chow the last few weeks. Grindal worms and some hikari tabs. And cucumber, and dandelion....

Did my vacuum of all the sand and treated with hydrogen peroxide. Circulation pumped up and light will be reduced. Now it is just watch and wait. IMG_7632.jpg

Back
Top Bottom