Khuli Loach one of my favs.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have never seen Kuhlis fat like this. They look very beautiful. You taking great care.

I have one question. Is it possible to feed them from surface like floating food. Do they come for floating food like freez dried bloodworms or krill or pellets etc?

The Khuli's don't come the the surface to feed. Whatever I drop in the tank my spraybar is back to front. It pushes the food down right into those rocks and plants in the middle and some of it sticks there. That is where the Khuli's like to hang out and pick at the food stuck on the rocks. They are fed grindal worms and occasionally frozen bloodworms or brine shrimp with Spirulina. A few days a week I also have Khuli's pellets I target feed and drop right where they are hanging out. The Amano shrimp try to steal the whole pellet. So I have to make sure the Khuli's claim it before they can carry it off. I also supplement with algae spirulina pellets. The Amanos love these.

The Khuli's don't come the the surface to feed. Whatever I drop in the tank my spraybar is back to front. It pushes the food down right into those rocks and plants in the middle and some of it sticks there. That is where the Khuli's like to hang out and pick at the food stuck on the rocks. They are fed grindal worms and occasionally frozen bloodworms or brine shrimp with Spirulina. A few days a week I also have Khuli's pellets I target feed and drop right where they are hanging out. The Amano shrimp try to steal the whole pellet. So I have to make sure the Khuli's claim it before they can carry it off. I also supplement with algae spirulina pellets. The Amanos love these.
Thanks a lot for the detailed reply. Love your Kuhlis. Very beautiful.

The pics of thhose Kuhlis make me want to smile or laugh every time I see them!!!

Ooh, can't wait to see the flower!
Exactly. Never seen such cute Kuhlis. They are like u take them in lap and cuddle them. Very cute.

Added some plants to the top with roots in the water. Put the vines in a few weeks ago and just added the chinese evergreen. Let's see those nitrates drop!IMG_8666.jpg

Got the Cabomba planted. IMG_8675.jpg

Water tests
TDS 180
Ammonia 0
Nitrites 0
Nitrates 40
PH 7.4-7.6
GH 125
KH 5

Last few times I tested KH it was 3, Kent KH buffer is definitely doing the job. It was added last weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:
My hubbie buys nice toys for his hobbies. That ugly green quagmire of spirulina...

My hubbie buys nice toys for his hobbies. That ugly green quagmire of spirulina...

What is the model? Does it measure anything else - Temp and TDS? The HM 200 looks nice...but am wondering now about if there is one which measures more tank stuff for slightly more $ hahaha. Instead of 2.

What is the Spirulina for, if you don't mind saying? Have you tried to feed it to your shrimp or baby fish?

What is the model? Does it measure anything else - Temp and TDS? The HM 200 looks nice...but am wondering now about if there is one which measures more tank stuff for slightly more $ hahaha. Instead of 2.

What is the Spirulina for, if you don't mind saying? Have you tried to feed it to your shrimp or baby fish?

This thing read a few different things. I have to check what it is set on when I use it. The temp and more. Here is the info.
IMG_8930.jpg

I use the spirulina in the snailo I make and feed the critters.

Back
Top Bottom