Khuli Loach one of my favs.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Still looking good. Like a fairy's backyard.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks. I think I have a bit too much going on. But I expected more of the plants to die. Now that they are alive I have to deal with them. Lol

Thanks. I think I have a bit too much going on. But I expected more of the plants to die. Now that they are alive I have to deal with them. Lol

They do a better job when they are alive. Stick with the fairy's back in yard. ?

Wow just saw the pics. Tank looks beautiful and so natural. That's definitely some skill. And those kuhlis are FAT! I used to have them years ago and they were just so skinny. Never thought they could grow that fat. Good job!

Wow just saw the pics. Tank looks beautiful and so natural. That's definitely some skill. And those kuhlis are FAT! I used to have them years ago and they were just so skinny. Never thought they could grow that fat. Good job!

Thank you! My Khuli's take after me. A little chubby and round. But happy. Lol.

Removed some plants that were languishing. Also moved the mosses to some driftwood and hair netted it down. They refused to attach to the rocks, too smooth? PWC, vacuum and canister rinse out. All the fish are doing great.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1474851049.778952.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1474851064.463999.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1474851077.749222.jpg

Colors of this years snail crop have been amazing. I sold 150+ on eBay!
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1474851208.834053.jpg

Totally agree, I wish I was in the US / lived closer as well - those snail colours are stunning and would love to get some. Do the snail colours pop up as is or do you breed for certain colours (er, assuming this is possible)?

Totally agree, I wish I was in the US / lived closer as well - those snail colours are stunning and would love to get some. Do the snail colours pop up as is or do you breed for certain colours (er, assuming this is possible)?

I have been breeding for better color for 2 years now. I started with Ivory and Blue and crossed with a purple my hubbie ordered me on line. It was dark it was almost black. I am shooting for pinks, lavender and vibrant purples. With a less pronounced stripe. I want the color to pop.

The snails I keep for breeding are in my main tank. Usually 5 of them.

PWC and vacuum today. Stems aren't doing well but the buce has new leaves. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1476477542.588122.jpg

Grindal culture is doing well and the fish sure do enjoy them!

Khuli's are in the cavern.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1476477727.386023.jpg

PWC and vacuum today. Stems aren't doing well but the buce has new leaves. View attachment 289997

Grindal culture is doing well and the fish sure do enjoy them!

Khuli's are in the cavern.
View attachment 289998

Still looking good. Might want to remove those stems. They are probably contributing little to the aquarium now both aesthetically and environmentally. Up to you of course. They will probably continue to shed leaves.

Still looking good. Might want to remove those stems. They are probably contributing little to the aquarium now both aesthetically and environmentally. Up to you of course. They will probably continue to shed leaves.

Your right. The Ludwigia needs to go.

But as luck would have it I have been growing out some Anubias in another tank....

New pics later after the furniture move...

Swap done. Also removed the net from the driftwood. It has bits of moss attached all over it and will probably be covered in a few months. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1476546714.320971.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1476546738.540869.jpg

Vacuum, PWC and canister cleaning. I like to rinse out the canister and media once a month. Water is clearing nicely.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1477715700.311500.jpg

Neons just hanging out.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1477715752.499125.jpg

And Blue is posing.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1477715828.646298.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1477715842.502708.jpg

Hope you don't mind me asking, but how does your betta manage with your other fish?
I have been thinking about trying mine in my 30g with my boraras but I'm unsure if he'll behave himself lol
I have had bettas before in community tank's only 1 went wrong!

Back
Top Bottom