Kingkoopas Mr aqua 17.1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
With 10-12 inches from sub to light you should be at 60-70 par so I think you should be good to go now. Much better bro :). If you do end up needing another light I would seriously consider the Beamswork DHL 1W 6500K. Really hard to beat $50-$60 for the light considering the par it puts out.
Thanks brothas for all the info. An yea I know beamswork are badass for the prices I use to have a beamswork Evo on my 40gl breeder an only needed one :) things was crazy bright

So I removed the risers that came with the tank with them on it was 16 to 17 inch from light to lowest part of substrate. Now that I lowered it, now light to lowest part of substrate is now exactly 12 inch so now , from the light to highest part of the substrates is around 10 inches . So I hope this helps, otherwise on the search on Craigslist for new light :) .

What do you all think ?

Just remember KK more light =more ferts and more co2 [emoji106] if I start seeing algae outbreaks then I'd slowly raise it up untill u find that sweet spot!

Hey KK how is your Liminophila hippuroides going? I've got some in my tank and its growing rather slow compared to other plants although it's ment to be a fast grower, being a plant that requires "high lighting" I'm interested to see how yours is reacting to your tank?

Did it take a while to settle in?

Hey KK how is your Liminophila hippuroides going? I've got some in my tank and its growing rather slow compared to other plants although it's ment to be a fast grower, being a plant that requires "high lighting" I'm interested to see how yours is reacting to your tank?

Did it take a while to settle in?
Hey bert mine is taking off I'll take some pics when I get home see a few new stems growing from the side starting to get bushy it might not be as purple as it was when I first got it

Hey bert mine is taking off I'll take some pics when I get home see a few new stems growing from the side starting to get bushy it might not be as purple as it was when I first got it

Good stuff! I just realised mines only been in the tank for 6 days so I'm probably freaking out over nothing lol although I have noticed that one of my fish (most likely my curious Angels) have been pulling at the top leaves. Hopefully once it beds in it should grow too fast for them lol. My sassifolia next to them has grown an inch already lol

I also watched a video about HC Cuba yesterday and the bloke was saying that it is a very light demanding plant and he advised people to drain the tank water to just above them (so the tops are just touching the water) to start it off. This way it gets atmospheric co2 and stronger lighting to give it a boost while it settles in [emoji106] gives u an idea on just how demanding the plant is on light and co2

Not so sure that HC Cuba needs that much light. CO2, yes. I run a Finnex 24/7 in 24/7 mode about 9-11" above substrate and a Finnex Planted+ for 3 hours per day. Growth over 3 months was better than expected. Root adhesion to EcoComplete was not so good and turned out the be the downfall of the carpet (it became uprooted).

Not so sure that HC Cuba needs that much light. CO2, yes. I run a Finnex 24/7 in 24/7 mode about 9-11" above substrate and a Finnex Planted+ for 3 hours per day. Growth over 3 months was better than expected. Root adhesion to EcoComplete was not so good and turned out the be the downfall of the carpet (it became uprooted).
Yea I just think it was my co2 levels were fluctuating think I fixed it . DBT is turning green with new shoots hugging the substrate :)

Here ya go Bert pics of the hippiods
f95cc717bb61ca3aebf4febc8772593b.jpg
e4a2ffdabe5519b0cfdd34444821fa9c.jpg
f7b474ccdd38b1d54dfa328c5bb37e24.jpg

Good stuff! I just realised mines only been in the tank for 6 days so I'm probably freaking out over nothing lol although I have noticed that one of my fish (most likely my curious Angels) have been pulling at the top leaves. Hopefully once it beds in it should grow too fast for them lol. My sassifolia next to them has grown an inch already lol

I also watched a video about HC Cuba yesterday and the bloke was saying that it is a very light demanding plant and he advised people to drain the tank water to just above them (so the tops are just touching the water) to start it off. This way it gets atmospheric co2 and stronger lighting to give it a boost while it settles in [emoji106] gives u an idea on just how demanding the plant is on light and co2
Lol mine think have been in the tank for about 7 to 8 days , I have faith in ur plants they will grow :)

Lol mine think have been in the tank for about 7 to 8 days , I have faith in ur plants they will grow :)

Yours look great! I have a sneaking suspicion that mine were grown emersed (brought as submerged) as they have little flower buds either side of the nodes. I'd say I got the emersed tops off submerged plants [emoji106] see how they go over the next few weeks. If they don't grow I'll just get something else lol

Yours look great! I have a sneaking suspicion that mine were grown emersed (brought as submerged) as they have little flower buds either side of the nodes. I'd say I got the emersed tops off submerged plants [emoji106] see how they go over the next few weeks. If they don't grow I'll just get something else lol
They will grow :) I know it lol

U should see my hygro compact lol it's as pink as the ar mini lol looks pretty funny ;)
Yea I saw one of your recent pics of it very nice :) . My DBTs is coming back to life turned up the Co2 alittle plants are pearling like crazy an the dbts is as well which I have no seen til the past few days

Yea I saw one of your recent pics of it very nice :) . My DBTs is coming back to life turned up the Co2 alittle plants are pearling like crazy an the dbts is as well which I have no seen til the past few days

Good work :) co2 is always the first thing I check, I'm always paranoid about leaks etc lol

Moved some plants around got rid of some blyxa , the place I had the blyxa was just being taken over by it lol . Will post some pics of it Tom when it has cleared

Update
Well been working like crazy past two weeks had a massive algae bloom got rid of the old stem plants and planted some bonsai stems tissue culters an elochoris mini I think an kept the staur repens an some dwarf baby tears. I also took out my co2 reactor , think my canister wasn't strong enough for the reactor so on the look for a bigger one

+ I think the scape I have is for more of a iwugami type tank . So gonna try different types of carpet plants an returned the fish for store credit blasting the co2 so when I'm ready for fish will be getting ember tetras IMG_20170616_193341.jpgIMG_20170616_193353.jpg

Wow it's so bare! So everything went to poo in 2 weeks? That sucks!

I agree it is a good tank for iwugami [emoji106] hope it bounces back soon

Wow it's so bare! So everything went to poo in 2 weeks? That sucks!

I agree it is a good tank for iwugami [emoji106] hope it bounces back soon
Yea it does look bare lol . Working like crazy an when I finally get a day off realize the timer I had the co2 on failed so got a new one . Work has slowed down abit as well so hopefully it grows back with a little more TLC

Back
Top Bottom