kissing gourami actual size?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bubba rust

Aquarium Advice Regular
Well I was told that my pink kissing gourami would only get about 6 in. But I was doing some more research and some places say it will get 11 in. So how big do they really get?

Best to do the research before you buy and never trust what the guys selling to you say

Best to do the research before you buy and never trust what the guys selling to you say

^very true. Yes pink kissing gouramis get 11"-12", surprisingly few people have seen this size however because they're kept in too small of tanks and often die off.

I vaguely remember reading that there is a species of gourami that looks very similar to the kissing gourami but does not get as large.

My lfs just had 2 9inch kissing gourami that got dumped on her. Lol she didn't even know where they came from, someone just walked in, dumped them in a tank and left. She sold them to a guy with a 125. Nice big ugly fish.

Yes they top out at 12"in the wild, closer to 11"in the aquarium, but few will ever reach that size.I read a great profile of a kissing gourami that was 23 years old and only 9 inches long. Expect a big fish though.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I vaguely remember reading that there is a species of gourami that looks very similar to the kissing gourami but does not get as large.

Balloon or dwarf kissing gourami may be what you're thinking of.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom