Kribinsis questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Etunes

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well i got this kribinsis from a friend quite a while ago and he was doing fine in my 20g tall just fine for a long time. Now all of a sudden he wont let my bichir get near the ground. If my bichir goes toward the ground at all he gets bit pretty hard. So i plan on getting rid of him. He is just too aggressive. Now i read that kribinsis are good community tank fish. But this one just is so aggressive and wont live my fish alone. So i want to know if this is just the individual kribinsis that is REALLY aggressive or if all kribinsis that are like this. Because i would love to get more.

Please help me...

Are your tank is planted well enough? Kribs get a little freaked out unless they are living in an underwater jungle. My other suggestion would be to make a cave for the krib so he can move in and settle on a specific plot of territory to defend.

Kribs really do best when kept in pairs in a heavily planted tank. As kelly said, they get a bit freaked out when they don't have a place of their own.

It could also be because he has matured and is defending his territory. This is common behavior with cichlids. A 20 tall has a pretty small foot print (ground area) and not enough room for both fish probably.

Maybe if you give him a cave and break up his line of site that may help.

Actually you guys said everything i expected. The tank has 3 good sized caves that he has claimed. He has claimed them ALL. So do you guys think i can wait like 5 days before fully planting the tank? I have to dig up the money and order them off of aquariumplants.com? I will be getting rid of the bichir ethier way this Sunday.

Back
Top Bottom