Kribs and Rams Together!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hero69

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi All,

Im fairly new to the hobby and just need some advice. Can i keep both Kribs and Rams in the same tank? I have a new set up of 100L tank.

Thanks for your help!

Steve

Welcome to AA Steve. Not really a good idea to keep Kribs and rams together. Kribs will become very aggressive at spawning time.

Kribs are a great fish and they spawn so easily. Make sure you have plenty of hiding spots for the female. :wink:

hey BrianNY

Forgot to ask, the tank is planted just waiting form them to grow before buying any more. Is there any fish that a should not put in with the kribs.

Im thinking of doing a community tank but not sure what other fish to have. Ive heard that the kribs might attack Croys if i have any? is this true?

Steve

If the kribs start to spawn, which they probably will, they will become very agrresive towards everything else in the tank, unless it is big enough for the other fish to escape.

I have a 29g African biotope tank that has a pair of kribs, 7 Congo tetras, 3 upsidedown catfish, and an African logsucking catfish. Kribs will attack other fish during spawning so you probably don't want anything too easily damaged. The Congo tetras in my tank act as dither fish to make the kribs feel more comfortable and the upsidedown catfish have very tough skins so the kribs don't bother them. Here is a link to a picture of my tank.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=5851&password=&sort=1&cat=500&page=1

Back
Top Bottom