Labs breeding!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I tjought maybe they were gettin stuck in the corners of the net so i switched her to a plastic breeder...
And presto we have a live one...

Attachments

• image-3215363073.jpg
    image-3215363073.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 53
K i stripped her... Nerve racking but i did it... No idea how many but theres a bunch!!!

And here they are folks!!!!

Attachments

• image-3043347761.jpg
    image-3043347761.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 67
  • image-628512316.jpg
    image-628512316.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 63
  • image-2140983839.jpg
    image-2140983839.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 66
OsciTheOscar said:
K i stripped her... Nerve racking but i did it... No idea how many but theres a bunch!!!

YAY!!! Congrats!

The easiest way I've found to count them is to take a picture and count them that way lol

Pretty neat!!! Once i let the femalemgo back into the tank it met up with the male and swam in circles with him for a good minute haha i guess they're happy again...

thanks a lot... heres a better pic, used my camera instead of my phone...
2qin5ol.jpg

OsciTheOscar said:
thanks a lot... heres a better pic, used my camera instead of my phone...

Too cute! I see what I think are big pieces of food in there. They can't eat things that big and that much food will rot before they can eat it all. What I do is grind my flakes to a powder and just add a tiny pinch 3x a day. They may not eat at first but they'll eventually get the idea. Good luck and enjoy your precious babies!!!

Well i tried the flakes crushed with my fingers and that wasnt fine enough for me so i took some NLS pellets and crushed em with a spoon... I think the mother had deficated before she was let out...

Also i let the female go due to stress and i felt it was better for her, but now its clear i didnt get em all out and therefore shes not eating still... Im having a real hard time gettin her again due to too many hiding places... Think she'll spit em or should i continue tryi. To get her...

I would catch her again, she needs to eat at this point.
How I crush my flakes is to put a couple of flakes in my palm and use my thumb nail and scrape them...it crushes them pretty well.

k so this is the 3rd successful attempt at stripping the female... is there an end, cause at this point im just worried about her being able to eat... the first strip i got at least 30, the second i got 3-4, and this last one i got one more... i dont want to keep stressing her out by doing so but she has no interest in food... and i noticed she was blowing out air bubbles... that ok? (not a ton but i saw maybe 5-6 air bubbles come out in a matter of 30min)

OsciTheOscar said:
k so this is the 3rd successful attempt at stripping the female... is there an end, cause at this point im just worried about her being able to eat... the first strip i got at least 30, the second i got 3-4, and this last one i got one more... i dont want to keep stressing her out by doing so but she has no interest in food... and i noticed she was blowing out air bubbles... that ok? (not a ton but i saw maybe 5-6 air bubbles come out in a matter of 30min)

That happens when you strip her and air gets trapped inside her. I avoid that by holding her mouth up, under the water, and open her mouth. The air escapes and you can put her back in with no problems :-D

If she's still not eating she might have some still in there. If you catch her again open her mouth and look down in there. My hubby had shown flashlights down there before lol. OR, she's stressed and doesn't wanna eat (which I doubt)

Good luck!!!

i guess ill keep tryin till she eats but i hate doing it for 2 reason... catching her is no fun from behind the rocks, and stress... i dont wanna kill her by tryin to help her haha

OsciTheOscar said:
i guess ill keep tryin till she eats but i hate doing it for 2 reason... catching her is no fun from behind the rocks, and stress... i dont wanna kill her by tryin to help her haha

That's true. Maybe wait till morning and see if she eats. Let her rest tonight.

umm who was the father? in the 1st pic, some were dark and stripey but iv never seen a lab fry batch like that, could they be hybrids? am i just REALLY wrong here? lol.
aww the fry sooo cute! congrats! x

after 1 week:
27xklxy.jpg

its so hard to get a decent pic of them, they move a lot and the flash kills the color... you can still see the yellow on some parts... without the flash though they are all yellow and cute haha!

Back
Top Bottom