Lace rock?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lace rock is different from base rock. Lace rock is grey and black and it is a much more "natural looking rock" base rock is white and it seems to show the various algaes better. The lace rock looks like concrete sculptures and because it is darker in color it doesn't show the algae as well. It is a pretty cool looking rock though. I have some of both in my tank.

Base rock is just a generic term. Anything can be base rock, it's just rock that isn't live. You use base rock to build the base of your reef structure, that's why it's called base rock.

Not sure what lace rock is, but google search produces a lot of hits :)

Lace rock is usually not very sturdy and often "interwoven". Here's one from my tank. If it's not that clear I'll post a better one later tonight.

Cheers
Steve

Let me clarify, filtration wise it is the same thing. Anything regarding "lace" or otherwise is just a description of appearance. I use the term "base" to refer to any type of mined rock in the aquarium industry that is to be used for this type of filtration. Some of the base I have is indeed lacey looking, some not so much. The colors and shades vary.

Back
Top Bottom