lame stand question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigbanker

Aquarium Advice Addict
I live on the second floor and have a 75lbs dog. Every time she runs past the 95g tank I can see it shake.

Is there anyway to ensure it won't fall? The stand is a DIY that came with the tank off of Cl.

I live on the second floor and have a 75lbs dog. Every time she runs past the 95g tank I can see it shake.

Is there anyway to ensure it won't fall? The stand is a DIY that came with the tank off of Cl.

That's either one spooky stand, or one active dog. The tank set up should be close, if not over 750 lbs.

But I'll go with the other poster. Anchor it to the wall. Just find the studs to tap into though because otherwise it won't do much good.

If the stand itself is shaking I would be shaking in my shoes. That is an indication of a poorly made stand and I would be very worried about the entire thing coming down.

If it is because the floors shake when the dog runs by then I would still be worried because that would be an indication that the floors wouldn't be able to hold the weight of the tank.

I know it is a lot of work, but it may be worthwhile to replace the stand... that or make sure you have insurance to cover you in the case of failure.

Lol!!!!! Def have insurance.

I've actually been contemplating a stand rebuild because the stand is what makes me anxious. The floor is carpet over slate....

My 55 in the old apartment used to do it and that was a manufactured stand.

I hear ya my dog would not be happy with me ether He weighs 102 lbs and my 180 shakes when he trots by :hide:

Lol!

What kind of dog?

Also just out of curiosity is your stand custom or manufactured? Do you worry about it toppling

My dog is an over weight American bull dog lol The stand is custom. the tank dont move to much just enough that you can see it But i am going to bolt the stand to the wall using 3 shelf brackets

Are you sure it is the stand and not your floor? Regardless, tying it to the wall is a good idea. I know my 30g on a overkill custom stand I made still moved a bit when we walked by.

Back
Top Bottom