largemouth bass

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A lot of states will not allow the release of wild caught fish due to the potential exposure they've had while in a tank. In Oklahoma there is no size restriction on large mouth, regardless, as soon as they're big enough I'd filet em and have a nice dinner. Them's some good eatin!

Good point. I wasn't sure where the OP was from. Just throwing out some rules that I knew of. You see, in the states I was referring, you would not have been able to take a fish that size to grow it up thus alleviating the need to release it after being in a tank. ;)

As for eating, just remember, the flesh will only be as good as the food the fish was raised on. Most people won't feed the variety of foods those Bass will eat over time so who knows how good it will taste when it reaches filletable size? Just saying :D (y)

Sometimes the law is bent... I wanted to raise bass up for my pond in my backyard.

Was just talking about what mine eats...

OOPs :D I forgot to add the quote from RMILLER's post about growing them to eat them. The point I was trying to make was that they taste so good as wild caught fish because they do eat all those different foods. Limiting their diet in a tank may not achieve the good flavor rmiller was talking about. That was all ;)
Sorry for the confusion (y)

Back
Top Bottom