Lawnmower blenny

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Saltwaterman

Aquarium Advice Regular
Had a Lawnmower blenny for 4 days now and he hid in the same cave forever. I only saw him out once after I got home from school but as soon as he realized I was here he hid again. I don't him to starve to death so how do I feed him?

Mine is constantly eating algae. If you have plenty in your tank he should be fine. Its probably still getting use to the new home give it time.

Mime does 2 things. Consume large amounts of algae and chill in his cave. If he isnt eating he sits there with his head out. When i first got him you had trouble finding him. Hell adjust.

Mine too, all he'll eat is algae and he only comes out a few times a day. This is my second, my first only ate frozen food and wouldn't touch algea, this one is the oposite.

He is just adapting and acclimating to his new environment. In a few weeks time or so he should get used to you approaching the tank and come out associating your presence with food.

Mine is over a year old and will eat anything. Algae, brine, mysis, flake, pellet, plankton, blender mush w/ shrimp, oysters, scallops, and talapia. He loves it all and hes the hog of the tank.

Here he is just chilling out in the mid day sun.

Attachments

• image-862657640.jpg
    image-862657640.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 86
  • image-523431698.jpg
    image-523431698.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 68
Back
Top Bottom