Leather Identification

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tchampion

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've had this Leather for about 2 years now, and have never tried to identify it. I was considering fragging it for another tank that I have, but I would like to do a little bit of research on it before I do that. The color is more of a tan/beige and the size is about the size of a dinner saucer. The tentacles extend daily (appx 1/16 or 1/8th of an inch) all over it. At times, it will shed a thin layer, which I presume is it ridding itself of any algae that may trap itself on it. Until last week, I have never attempted to feed it anything. I just recently started adding phytoplankton and Iodide as a supplement. I have some small Zoa's, Green Star Polyps, and Xenia's that I added, and want to get the maximum amount of growth possible out of these mentioned. There are days where is shapes itself like a Finger Leather, and there are days where it just "goes with the flow". Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Leather.jpg
    Leather.jpg
    263.4 KB · Views: 62
Sorry for it being sideways, saving things to dropbox has it's disadvantages...lol

img_2140983_0_82784771fb2688e9e3807f646eaa7ec8.jpg

don't know type but I like it

Thanks for rotating it for me....@ hours after this post, it's shape is totally different.

Back
Top Bottom