LED fixture for 54g corner tank???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rosesrblu1

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have had my 54g corner tank set up for the better part of 3 years. We recently upgraded to a 180g DT for our main living area, and the 54g is still running in the br. I want to turn it into a reef, and want to know which single led light fixture would be large enough to accommodate my needs. I am looking to open the top and hand the fixture from the ceiling,as the footprint of the tank makes it next to impossible to fasten a normal fixture to. I have been looking at the 24" panorama pro fixture as it has dimming capabilities, and the AI sol as it has dimming and programmable capabilities. I truly like the programming, but really only want 1 single fixture. Is this one enough to reach the far corners??? The depth is not an issue at 23", but the corners.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. My plan is for a wide variety of softies, sps and lps species in the tank, as well as a clam on the sand. I'm going to go slow, as we took most of the lr from the 54 and brought it over to the 180. The reef in the br is so soothing at night...I am super excited.

Thanks, Paula

Is the taotronics light programmable? I didn't see anything that said it was.

That was the one point that I really liked on the AI Sol. I also saw the thunderstorm mode, but that is for fun.

The radion is a bit too pricey for me right now. Do you think 1 Sol about 12" above the water line will be enough for a 54g corner? I could always no the non-photosynthetics in the corners to accommodate. My fish guys said yes today when I asked him. He has them on his home tank and loves them.

Just what I wanted to hear, thanks so much!!!! Think I am going to stick with softies, lps and zoas. Maybe sps way down the line.

Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom