led help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

azure bones

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok so this is for all you led gurus I'm looking to led light my 5 gallon nano I found a good deal from a supplier I've dealt with b4 for 6 3 watt leds 3 white 3 blue the whites are 6700k-8700k and blues are 450-550nm is this good and I'm probably gonna make my own heatsink so I guess what I need is help with the light configuration and a driver preferring somethin where I can dim blue and white seperatly

Sent from my Droid desire using Aquarium

With so few LEDs, its usually best to buy them in the color ratio you want. Dimming each string separately is probably going to be more expensive then its worth. An even ratio is usually right on the edge of a crisp white/yellow depending on manufacturer and your own personal eye. You could use a 24v power supply with at least 3A and run all 6 off one buckpuck. You could also just get a meanwell driver which is a power supply and driver all in one, but usually people have a power supply laying around and its easier to just grab one buckpuck.

I'm sure I got a power supply sry of this is a dumb question wats a one buck puck?

Sent from my Droid desire using Aquarium

You don't need any particular range, its more about what you prefer your tank to look like. The lower the temperature, the more yellow it will be, which will generally increase growth, but not color. The higher range will usually do the opposite, which is why they are combined.

These are very broad assumptions about lighting, but should be able to get you started.

Back
Top Bottom