LEDs for a Planted Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Will I be able to grow HC and those plants? Other than the regulator, what major purchases do I need to make?

Yeah the Ray 2 will definitely grow a HC carpet on that tank. Aside from the regulator, you'll need a co2 cylinder (or two), diffuser, drop checker (w/ 4dkh reference solution), a good planted substrate, planting tweezers, and a good comprehensive fertilizer dosing regimen. For ferts I recommend the PPS-PRO or EI method with dry ferts from green leaf aquariums.

P.S. on a side note, this is an old thread! Haha

Yeah the Ray 2 will definitely grow a HC carpet on that tank. Aside from the regulator, you'll need a co2 cylinder (or two), diffuser, drop checker (w/ 4dkh reference solution), a good planted substrate, planting tweezers, and a good comprehensive fertilizer dosing regimen. For ferts I recommend the PPS-PRO or EI method with dry ferts from green leaf aquariums.

P.S. on a side note, this is an old thread! Haha

Do I need to dose all the ferts in order to grow the HC? Haha I still need to learn how to dose ferts... Maybe I will try the dry ferts from Green leaf. Will seachem flourish do the job?

Also, what have you heard/what do you think about the fluval nano Co2 systems? I might get that or the Aquatek regulator + Paintball tank :p

My tank has ADA Aquasoil + Powersand, is that a good substrate for HC?

Haha yea...I came across the thread while doing some heavy research for lighting... :):thanks:

I think you should start a new thread with these questions. This is an older thread and I don't want to hijack.

Back
Top Bottom