Leopard Frog Pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
redsea said:
Beautiful Pleco! Is he one of the rare kinds?

Thanks guys! He might be rare, got him for $70 :D I don't get to see leopard frog plecos often. The LFS had a few so I thought I should grab one before they all go away.

Makes me want a pleco...but, no room.
this pleco only gets to about 4 - 5 inches tops, not usually without a fair price tag tho, mine cost £35 about $50 (approx). dont think they are actually a plecostomus either but are lovely fish, good choice

Squall said:
Thanks guys! He might be rare, got him for $70 :D I don't get to see leopard frog plecos often. The LFS had a few so I thought I should grab one before they all go away.

Cool, what do you think the minimum size aquarium is for one? Thanks!

lornajane89 said:
this pleco only gets to about 4 - 5 inches tops, not usually without a fair price tag tho, mine cost £35 about $50 (approx). dont think they are actually a plecostomus either but are lovely fish, good choice

Yes you are right, it doesn't grow large that is why I bought it. They are really gorgeous fishes. It's only sad they cost too much, but I really liked how they look and I couldn't resist it. My BN pleco died a couple of weeks ago for no apparent reason so I thought I'd replace him as well.

redsea said:
Cool, what do you think the minimum size aquarium is for one? Thanks!

I'm not an expert but since it won't grow big, I think it could do well in a 29G. I have a 60 gallon though.

You've a Beautiful Peckoltia there. I adore my L134. Stunning markings & real little characters. 29 Gallon tank is fine for a single specimen.

AAAAGGGHHHH! SO CUTE! I love those guys. I really want one, but I am not quite ready to commit to the pricetag at the moment. He looks really healthy though! Thanks for sharing.

Squall said:
What do you feed him besides algae wafer? He's so nice! How big is he?

He's still pretty little. About 2 1/2 inches I reckon. He likes sinking catfish pellets & Hinkari Mini pellets as well as algae wafers and Prima. He was painfully shy at first, but I've had him a few months now & he's much more confident.

tiguardo said:
He's still pretty little. About 2 1/2 inches I reckon. He likes sinking catfish pellets & Hinkari Mini pellets as well as algae wafers and Prima. He was painfully shy at first, but I've had him a few months now & he's much more confident.

Mine did hide as soon as I let him loose in the tank. I hope he is not the shy type :D

Yeah mine does that. Found a good cave and just hid. He comes out for a hikari pellet or a chunk of courgette. Took a while before he was confident enough to do that much lol.

Back
Top Bottom