Leopard wrasse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dmthornl

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Anyone have experience keeping multiple leopard wrasse? I recently had my flame hawkfish do a carpet dive and am down to a clown and very small dwarf lion. My sand bed is only about 1-2 inches so I probably should add a bag but any other tips?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

One would be hard enough for these difficult fish. What size of tank are we talking? I'm sure there are lots of other options.

60 gallon...know they are tough but the lfs said they will hold for 2 weeks to make sure they shipped well and are eating Mysis before I pickup. Seems like it's worth the risk.

Agree no eating = no buying...he had two in the tank but one was spoken for. They were both eating mysis (he showed me) but I wanted two to add at the same time so had to wait a few weeks. Beautiful fish, wondering if I will have to add pods on occasion or the Mysis is good enough. Thoughts?

I would only add pods or live brine if they dont eat at first. If you add them occassionally you might trigger them to revert back to live food, which would be bad especially if you have two of them.
Personally, I wouldn't do two and I have been known to try some "difficult" fish. lol It just seems like you are setting yourself up for failure. Something I have learned over the years keeping saltwater is to not press your luck. I had a mandarin for a few years but am not considering getting another one as i feel I had my luck no need to push it. lol

Back
Top Bottom