Let's see your shrimp!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That is an S+ with a tiger tooth pattern.

Ah thank you very much - had no idea that such a thing even existed. Had to go look it up. Them came from a very reputable dealer who assured me they were good quality, and I had no reason to doubt it. Just didn't know enough about the grading system to have a clue myself.

For those of you who buy shrimp at a lfs, how much do you pay? Store near me has a small tank of 'fancy shrimp', $6 each. They are very poorly colored red and yellow neos.

I'm visiting in MI right now and we went to an awesome local store today. They had individual nano tanks of shrimp, nice reds were $9 each and others higher than that.

All my shrimp were purchased online so I was wondering if these are typical prices or not.

I don't buy at my lfs because they are crazy. Reds are 5.99, yellows are 7.99, and the crystal reds are 19.99.

Rather pay shipping and go from one of the ones we've talked about. Plus I am pretty sure they are all female too- so you can't get a colony

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree.

My lfs has already agreed to buy shrimp from me when they're ready. I think they'll be a bit surprised to see what I have compared to their 'fancy shrimp'.

I have a few online sources for fish, shrimp, and plants that I'm very happy with.

Reds are $3 and amanos are $4. They don't often have either in stock though. Prices aren't horrible but the rcs are pretty dull. Not the lowest grade but maybe a low grade Sakura in my opinion. I like shrimp from theshrimpfarm.com

I think blues are starting to be my favorite color shrimp :flowers:

img_3182751_0_8b8a4b415340460bdd60344c63b47810.jpg

I think blues are starting to be my favorite color shrimp :flowers:

img_3182754_0_8b8a4b415340460bdd60344c63b47810.jpg

They're beautiful! I just got a few blue pearls and I'm enjoying them.

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
16 gallon vampire shrimp, green lace shrimp and snails.

Thanks! I'm pretty consistently getting the two toned blues now, really happy about that.

Beautiful WY, love the feeding shot - good appetites and Theresa, love the coloration!!!

It is hard to add in new blood to a line when you are happy with what you have and then unsure about what you will end up with by making the change, (mainly with the Neo variants)!

Aww they look awesome! I think next time I add a new color I am going to go with blue.

Did you ever get the neon greens??? (I think it was you who had mentioned ordering the greens)

Back
Top Bottom