Let's take a poll: How many members here eat fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Eating fish that I catch or at a restaurant isn't a big deal, because I don't have that attachment to them. When I was a kid my dad and I raised steers, and I couldn't eat the meat. The whole emotional pet thing. Kinda hypocritical, I know.

Okay, so we're at 29 for and 5 against ( with 4 because they don't like the taste and 1 due to the family pet connection). Unfortunately I can't count your family members, as I think if we all started doing that it would really tilt the scales in the other direction :)

You forgot me. ;) I'm ethically opposed in general, not because of fish-keeping. It has nothing to do with taste.

What is that? Im not familiar with it

"Vegetarian that eats fish." No red meat, no poultry, but eats fish and/or shellfish.

Okay, so our updated tally is 34 who eat it and 7 who don't (2 of the 7 catch them and either give them away or release, and 1 on ethical/vegetarian grounds). The others just don't like the taste. I should have come up with an easier way to tally this :)

I'm a 'fish vegan'... I eat chicken, beef, bacon etc no horse either though.

Put me in for ethical vegan. I refuse to put any dead animal in my mouth.

(Now I am trying to think of a way to "say" that nicer, but I can't come up with anything.)

glassbird said:
Put me in for ethical vegan. I refuse to put any dead animal in my mouth.

(Now I am trying to think of a way to "say" that nicer, but I can't come up with anything.)

A nicer way could be, "Anything that had a face!"

Courtesy of Dakota's iPod.

See I'm born and raised in south Arkansas grew up eatin fish, deer, ducks, squirrels, and basically anything else I can get ahold of. Lol if I were to label myself it would be carnivore lol, I don't hold with eating any vegetables at all, I don't think any variation of wood is all that appetizing thank you lol

doogle said:
lol, i was gonna start this thread..lol yes i eat fish, my family thought it was funny when i ordered it las time we went out to eat

You're welcome to take over the post from here on... I'm losing count, lol. I thought there would be a lot more people that didn't eat fish on this site because they're so dedicated to them. I've been surprised with the responses since I asked it.

Back
Top Bottom