Let's take a poll: How many members here eat fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Alrighty, if my math is correct we're at...

41 who eat fish and 10 who don't.

Out of the 10 who don't eat it...3 are vegans/vegetarians/ethical reasons, 2 still go fishing and catch them, 1 is allergic to seafood or would eat them and the rest just don't like the taste.

So, 76% of members are pro, 24% are against. That's actually more where I thought we'd line up when I started the thread

I'm still surprised there's not more members who view them as family pets and can't eat them for that reason. I freaking LOVE sushi, but at the same time I'd never eat dog (if it was a common practice) simply due to the fact I love my dogs so much. I think I'm somewhat hypocritical because I'd be unable to put a hook through a fish's mouth and throw them in an ice box, but I love eating them if someone else does the dirty work.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium

I don't dislike the taste of fish I just don't eat it due to having my finned friends :) as a joke my mum brought me home some pickled gourami the other day..

Ooohhh, guess who's severely allergic to all seafood? THIS GIRL! lol. I get hives when I do PWCs how ironic lmao. I grew into the allergy, but before I was allergic I liked talapia.

1. I live on New England.... Rhode Island... so if I didn't eat fish I would probably be shunned.
2. I am a chef so I need to like a bit of everything.

I absolutely love sushi, I could eat it everyday same goes for crab. As for other fish, fish and chip I eat when I'm in the mood, too much fried food, clam chowder & clam cakes... But only New England, manhattan is weird, salmon, if it's cooked the right way, usually with an Asian flare and same goes to swordfish it's a little fishy. I have tried many fish in this industry and I like a lot but it has to be prepared right.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium

I don't enjoy fish other than what's used in sashimi, salmon, catfish, tuna, good tilapia, trout, bass, grouper, swordfish, croaker, whiting, crappie, redfish, speckled trout, anchovies, tiny glass fish you eat whole (yum), sardines, fingerlings, cod, pollock, white fish, perch, and fish stomach soup.

It's all better when any of it is fried.

Crepe said:
I don't enjoy fish other than what's used in sashimi, salmon, catfish, tuna, good tilapia, trout, bass, grouper, swordfish, croaker, whiting, crappie, redfish, speckled trout, anchovies, tiny glass fish you eat whole (yum), sardines, fingerlings, cod, pollock, white fish, perch, and fish stomach soup.

It's all better when any of it is fried.

Awesome

Sent from my DROIDX using Aquarium

The only fish I'll eat is Wild Caught Salmon. I never cared for the taste of fish.

We eat a lot of fish here, in fact when my daughter was 1 we took her to an aquarium in Sydney and she kept saying "fish! Yum!" lol kept the tourists entertained.

1. I live on New England.... Rhode Island... so if I didn't eat fish I would probably be shunned.
2. I am a chef so I need to like a bit of everything.

I absolutely love sushi, I could eat it everyday same goes for crab. As for other fish, fish and chip I eat when I'm in the mood, too much fried food, clam chowder & clam cakes... But only New England, manhattan is weird, salmon, if it's cooked the right way, usually with an Asian flare and same goes to swordfish it's a little fishy. I have tried many fish in this industry and I like a lot but it has to be prepared right.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium
I know what you mean. Oregon is cattle country and I haven't eaten any beef for almost 30 years. Every restaurant in town serves these huge steaks and Prime Rib is everywhere. But try finding a good veggie meal isn't easy I get stuck eating side dishes a lot. Some places will do thing like make Chicken Fajitas and leave out the chicken. It depends on where we go.
Beef here is like fish for you on the east coast

I love me some catfish. Cut out the mud vein, and soak that sucker in milk overnight!! DELICIOUS!!!

I know what you mean. Oregon is cattle country and I haven't eaten any beef for almost 30 years. Every restaurant in town serves these huge steaks and Prime Rib is everywhere. But try finding a good veggie meal isn't easy I get stuck eating side dishes a lot. Some places will do thing like make Chicken Fajitas and leave out the chicken. It depends on where we go.
Beef here is like fish for you on the east coast

You must not be in PDX then! ;)

Back
Top Bottom