LFS's The Good, The Bad, The Ugly!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
C

cj10488

Ok to get this Forum going Lets start my the Most commonly asked question...

What are some of the good Fish Stores in the Area?

What are the ones that you want to Avoid?

Bad Experiences?

James

Well I found a New LFS today and decided to go check them out..

Soutas Saltwater
2404 SE Gladstone Bldg B
Portland OR. 97202
(503)-233-9587
http://www.soutassaltwater.com/default.htm

Best customer service that I have found locally and Lots Of cheap Healthy Frags.. I would definetly do business with them again

Oregon Regional forum

The only one that I have been to so far is Upscales in Tualatin. So far so good, but I know that I need to venture out and see what the others have. Thanks for adding me to the forum.
Steve

Upscales I have had nothing but bad customer service.. For Example I went into the store today to Inquire about an Elegance Coral that I had recently purchased from them not opening up lately.. Immediately he blaimed my Water Conditions such as water flow as well as stating that I must have BAD water... I then stated that I test daily and water quality is in check and he stated that its my water...

As for my Experiences with Upscales I will never purchase another Item from them again... I would rather drive the extra 30 mins to a better LFS who doesnt treat me like a Dumb Kid not knowing what I am doing... Yes I am 25 but look 16...

James

A place to visit here in Portland, is Seahorse Aquarium on lombard. Guys name is Woody Wood, he's disabled and in a wheel chair. Its amazing what he knows and what
he's done. Now don't get me wrong, this is a hole in the wall, in his garage, kinda nasty and dirty, but worth a visit.

As for Upscales, I'm with you. They need better customer service

Cleantank 8)

I've had 3 seperate bad experiences with Upscales. I will never go in that store again. They are overpriced and have horrible horrible customer service.

I asked the guy at Upscales if he could test my deep six hydrometer and he looked at me like i was an idiot. He said "what... you expect me to check it with mine or something?? Why would you want to do that they are all right on."

My favorite is Soutas. The people working there are very helpful. I had one guy helping me dig through the live rock for 20-30 min finding just the right pieces. The livestock seems to be healthy.

I've tried Waves in Lake O. Seems to be ok. They people are nice and generally helpful. my question is... are they the same people waves and ecorals.tv???

I can agree with the complaints about Upscales. They have some good stock but terrible service. I usually shop at Cayes. I have done some business with A to Z also but after I picked up a few nasty spiny worms in some live rock I haven't purchased anything else there. I have been searching for new LFS and I am eager to check out some of the recommendations here.

I really like Seahorse aquarium which has moved to the corner of Columbia and 22nd I believe. It is a bigger place and they are adding more tanks. It has a great variety of coral and anemones as well a a great variety of fish. Second favorite is Soutas. THey have tons of coral frags. And a pretty sweet show tank. Also, A-Z pets has some good live rock with great features and lots of coraline algae. Another good place is Cayes just down Division street from A-Z. THey have a pretty good selection of livestock.

Back
Top Bottom