Light/hood suggestions for a planted 20 gal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

azmodan

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi! I've never really had a planted tank before so I need some good advice. I'd like to do a 20 gallon tank with a pretty decent amount of plants. I'm still heavily debating and researching fish but I'm tentatively planning on going with 2 GBRs, a school of tetras, and 2 honey gouramis. Soooo, the 20 gallon tank I have already. The hood and light I do not. What would be your suggestions for those? The plants I get aren't going to be fancy or rare, just the typical plants, grasses, and mosses. I don't mind paying for quality products, but I'm also not looking for spend hundreds and hundreds of dollars too. :)

You will need root tabs and some liquid fertilizers unless you are going to do a dirt bottomed tank. Many people on here use Seachem Flourish products and some use API Leaf Zone I think its called.
I think Odyssea lights are decently priced for T5's and it seems some others on here have them. I do not like my coralife light. It has no legs and so just lays on the glass. I prefer lights with legs that sit independently of the glass on the rim of the tank. Zoomed lights have legs also. You probably want to avoid LED's. I have read that they aren't good for plants.

Back
Top Bottom