Lighting/CO2 help for a newbie? :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lakerfan824

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello all. I'm planning to go planted soon after a couple years of using artificial. I've got a 10 G right now home to some ghost shrimp that I plan to use as a shrimp tank with a school of small tetras (maybe embers) or rasboras (maybe harlequin?) and a 46 bowfront that I plan to use for GBR.

Anyways, I've never done a planted tank before, and the first thing on my list is to upgrade my lights. To this point, I've just been using the stock lights that came with my aquarium.

My plan is to start by planting my 10G to get some experience with plants before planting my main show tank. I need new lights for both. What I'm looking for is:

-Something that will provide adequate light for growing low-medium light plants. With the 46 gallon I may want to grow high light plants eventually, so a light capable of that would be a bonus.

-something with multiple settings (ex sunrise/sunset, moonlight, etc.) on a timer.

-something that won't cost me $500. I'm willing to spend money, but not that much.

I've found these two on Amazon:

Current USA Satellite Freshwater LED Plus Light for Aquarium, 18 to 24-Inch https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00C7OTE0O/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_8KmUub0JZ0DC4

Finnex FugeRay Planted+ Aquarium LED Light Plus Moonlights, 24-Inch https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GH9HSI0/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_oTmUub1RJAF8P

I'm wondering if anyone has experience with the current usa light? It has great features, but I'm not sure it would provide enough light for plants. It has a timer sold separately which I would also get.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Go for the finnex, everyone seems to say there amazing and I wish I got a couple instead of t5 HOs on my 55 :)

Sent from my iPhone using my fat fingers covered in chocolate...

They don't offer the same features as the current usa tho. I'm thinking maybe one of each on my 46. I may be a grown man, but I still like flashing lights and fancy features hahaha :p

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I can't get the link to work but I'm sure it will be awesome. Loads of the guys on here have the planted+ so there may be a lot of talk about them soon ?

Ps I like flashing lights, bells and whistles too haha, must be a guy thing ?

Back
Top Bottom