lighting options

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dadime69

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok guys I just got 2 mh 4oo watt m59 shop lights I'm going to hang 21 inches from my tank what kind of bulbs should I get for them as there are many opions also should I still do any t5 s in there I'm done with total t5 fixtures and led is really expencive but I can grab cheap ballasts for t5s if you guys don't think 2 mh is good enouh over a 150 gal

2 x 400 watt halides is plenty of light over a 150. the trouble is you are going to have to position corals very strategically. lower light stuff in the very middle and outer edges, and sps and such directly under the lamps.
i would use 20k lamps in those fixtures and skip any supplemental lighting.

mr_X said:
2 x 400 watt halides is plenty of light over a 150. the trouble is you are going to have to position corals very strategically. lower light stuff in the very middle and outer edges, and sps and such directly under the lamps.
i would use 20k lamps in those fixtures and skip any supplemental lighting.

Ok sweet that's good news IV just grown tiered of t5 I know everyone says there the bomb but no shimmer I really. Don't feel there that great but another question how do I know if the coral has to much light

dadime69 said:
Ok sweet that's good news IV just grown tiered of t5 I know everyone says there the bomb but no shimmer I really. Don't feel there that great but another question how do I know if the coral has to much light

They will bleach.

Back
Top Bottom