lighting tips please.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Depending on the dimensions, 2 400W MH would work. If it is long rather than square, maybe 3 250W MH. You won't need to mortgage your house but you will have to come up with $400-$600 depending on how handy you are with the hood.

What are the demensions of the 150? If it is a standard 150 72" X 30" X 18", I would go with 3 X 400W MH with 2X 72" VHO actinic (or NO ), That may break the bank, so letting us know what you want to keep will be a big help. 150's are deep tanks and if you want to have good lighting at the bottom of the tank...your going to need very intense light. You can prolly do LPS and softies with 6 X 96W PCs or 6 X 72" VHO, but niether will have the penetration of the MH.

I have a srandard 72x30x18.For lites now I have.(2) three ft. double bulb 75watts each,(1) pc four ft. 110 watts,and (1) regular output four ft. double bulb 80 watts.Im just using the 2 four footers now,they all wont fit at same time.But I was thinking about using the 2 three ft. ballasts end to end to make it 6 ft. across.then Ill have room for 1 more ballast.sould I get 2 more 3 ft. ballasts.and line them up end to end ?

Back
Top Bottom