Lionfish question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

YellowTang03

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 4" Russell's lionfish in my 75 gallon. The tank has plenty of room for him and is sumped with a good skimmer etc. I was wondering what other fish I can have with him that I will not have to remove once they become adults? I would like a flame angel but what others would work? Thanks

Which puffer? Also how many fish could I have with the lionfish in the tank before it is maxed out? Could I do a flame angel an puffer?

I'm on there alot I just didn't know what my limit will be for fish since they lion will get about 10" at full grown. Wanna have other fish just don't know what or how many.

I'd personally want to max out with 2 or 3 fish just so they had enough room to swim around. A dwarf angel might work, but it would probably depend on the temperament.

the advice I was always given!

Anything that can't fit into it's mouth. Yet, I know some fish will nip on the Lionfish, like Triggers and what not. That's really all the info I know of.

A dwarf angel will eventually end up an expensive meal for the lionfish.

Problem with big lions is that they need big tank mates. Large angels, groupers, puffers, eels.....

And the problem with that is that your tank wouldn't be big enough. It is quite the dilemma. Fuzzy dwarf might be worth considering.

Back
Top Bottom