Lionfish tankmate w angler???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You can keep a fu manchu lion and a sarcassum angler but that's it. Also, you can't have a lot of rock though. Maybe use a 7" long 5" pvc pipe.

You can keep a fu manchu lion and a sarcassum angler but that's it. Also, you can't have a lot of rock though. Maybe use a 7" long 5" pvc pipe.
not in a 30. even dwarf lionfish are 75 gallon minimum,and anglerfish are like 55

I guess its a matter of opinion. I have a friend who has that combo together in a 30 and they do great. Live aquaria also says min 30.

Ya some dwarf lions are OK in a 30 but it's pushing it very much. A 55 is perfect for a dwarf lion. But idk about an angler and a dwarf in a 30. I say that's a no no. But it's up to you. I just want your fish to be happy!

Yeah I thought about not getting a lion but I've seen on numerous occasions things say 30 min..and there my fav so im giving it a shot

Really, like all suggestions and advice. It depends on the person, your tank, your time, your money, your fish. If you want to put a grouper in there, again your tank your rules. I think a lion will be fine as long as hes happy. Your call.

I'm gonna have to disagree with you reef fetish, IF he wanted to do a single dwarf in a 30g it wouldn't stress the fish out....but a lion and an angler in a 30g isn't healthy for them at all..and even though someone has done it and his fish seem ok, you don't know that for certain. Any other aspect of the tank, I'd agree "your tank your rules", but not when it comes to fish. I'm not trying to argue about it, I'm just trying to save the OP the headache and risk of losing 2 amazing fish...

I figured by now its not a good idea...wondering if there is even another fish that is good enough sized to not get eaten by my future lionfish and still b ok without ammo getting to high in my 30 gal tank + tankmates....got alot of thinking to do...any advice would b great...

Tank size obviously matters, but the argueing about it gets to me. I have had the fortune of doing a lot of diving/snorkeling and have yet to see any fish swim in a 30 gallon or 55 gallon box. Now I understand that is a little extreme but I feel the fish aren't real happy either way lol

Wish I could I live in nebraska and just love saltwater!...seen the ocean once when I was 2..lol

Back
Top Bottom