Lionfish ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ogden10

Aquarium Advice Freak
In the midst of all my other drama (copper posting going on now)., my dear lionfish has lost an eye. I mean the whole eye, it is an empty socket now! I know that eyes will not grow back but has anyone ever had a fish loose an eye and keep on trucking?

Besides this she seems fine and everyone else is doing fine. All my water stuff is good to go......just curious about her loosing an eyeball? There is a chance that she had some ich and maybe this is the culprit but all is fine now.....I think.....but do me ever fully know.

The loss of an eye is generally from an injury or bacterial infection. As long as the lion can find food and eats well it will survive just fine. I would again urge caution with the use of copper long term. With the eye socket exsposed, there is an increased chance of damaging the lions health even further.

Cheers
Steve

Thanks as always steve ...... I know that you have my interest in mind.....

I am sorry to say that it seems the my dear lion lolly, who I have had for almost 2 years did not survive..... I think my triggers helped her on her way....

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Some days I get so frustrated with this hobby I could scream....everything goes great for 6 months and then bammm....loss and problems....

Sorry for your loss. :(

Some days I get so frustrated with this hobby I could scream
I feel your pain, been there many times myself :wink:

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom