live food, how often?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

laineyd 87

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone looking for some advice regarding live bloodworm or brine shrimp, my dennison barbs apparently like a varied diet they are in with a school of zebra danios which i normally feed flake food, how often should i feed live food?

The other question i have is that i have found a place that sells 3 x 100ml bag of bloodworms for 6.99 they told me that you can freeze them in ziploc bags and snap off as and when needed but do you have to let them defrost?......sorry if im being a complete idiot:thanks::confused::(

I tend to feed live food (well frozen bloodworm or brine shrimp) about once a week. Although would like to read other peoples thoughts on this.

Also with my frozen bloodworm I just put the block into a water bottle or something similar, add hot water and shake the bottle to seperate it. Wait for it to cool down and then pour the water and bloodworm in :)
You're not being an idiot :) I don't know the answers to these either but I've based what I do on what I've read online and what people have recommended I do

I feed frozen bloodworms every other day. I just drop the frozen cube in the tank, it dissolves very fast.. Otherwise they get flake food :)

Live food is good but sometimes they can make your fish sick I think.

Back
Top Bottom