Live Food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DocOck

Aquarium Advice Activist
Does anyone have knowledge on culturing live food? Water fleas or whatever?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Micro worms - Moisten oat meal and sprinkle yeast over top. Add the culture and let it sit in a sealed container with air holes. Replace every 1 - 2 weeks, when it starts to turn black it needs to be replaced.

Vinegar eels - Half an apple in a 50/50 mix of apple cider vinegar / water. Add the culture in a sealed vented container (I stuff filter floss in the vent holes) These cultures will be good for approx 6 months or so.

Daphnia/ waterfleas are easily cultured in anything that holds water, with a little aeration and yeast or green water for food.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

How could I go about weaning my angels from flake to live food, eventually feeder Platys in adulthood. Or would instinct take over pretty quickly?

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Where do you get Daphnia or the stuff to culture them with? I haven't seen daphnia anywhere except frozen.

Put some breeder Endler in the tank. I do it all the time. 6 females and one male should be enough. I have some extras if you need them P.M. me.

Back
Top Bottom