Live Plant Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You can just cut the plants at the rhizome to separate them. Java ferns will also grow plantlets from their leaves. You can wait until the plantlets detach or you can remove them yourself once a small rhizome starts to form.

Ok not 100% what all the means but I guess i'll learn once I get them and see them start to grow.

Thinking I am going either tomorrow night or Saturday to pick up a couple plants. Any last suggestions? Your favorites or anything??

Aponogetons, in my experience, and easy to care for and grow big long leaves.

The two big plants in my photos are aponogetons. Aponogetus Undulatus on the left and Aponogetus Crispus on the right...I think.

Here they are !!! Pretty excited. Any more pointers??

Narrow Leaf Java Fern

image-3913656888.jpg

Cryptocoryne Balansae

image-3964139691.jpg

Hope you put the Crypt Balanese in the rear of the tank as it gets very long leaves on it.

Leaves can get very long and will puddle on the surface blocking light so I would move to to the back.

Leaves can get very long and will puddle on the surface blocking light so I would move to to the back.

Ok thanks. Will do that tomorrow. I have a small piece of flat rock. Will it be okay to tie it to that and move it to that back ???

I got some root tabs finally.

What is the best way to add them ???

Most people just stick them in the substrate with their fingers but I use planting tweezers. Then I put them about an inch away from the plant. If it's a larger crypt or sword I will actually put them about 3 inches away from the plant and depending on the type of root tab brand I add 2 or 3 and not just one.

I just added 2 tabs at each end of of roots. Will this be ok?

I also placed one under the java fern i have tied to a piece of driftwood. Is that ok??

Back
Top Bottom