Live plants?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alex33

Aquarium Advice Regular
Do you think a live plant would be bad with a Fish cycle my tanks two weeks old? Or would it help the cycle? And are they hard to take care of? Make water hazy?

I don't know that the live plants will help the cycle, but it definitely won't hurt. I actually read somewhere that plants grow better during a cycle. Depending on the type of plant, they can be very easy to grow. Just drop the bulb on to the gravel, turn on your tank light, and watch it grow. Depending on the type of plant, though, you might need to do a little more, like prune it occasionally.

How hard they are to care for depends on what plant you get. They do help make a cycle quicker though.

I kind of want to get a plant, but it makes me nervous that it might make tank hazy and be hard on filters, I just want the best for my fish!

Alex33 said:
I kind of want to get a plant, but it makes me nervous that it might make tank hazy and be hard on filters, I just want the best for my fish!

I can' t see how they would make the tamk hazy. Plants are good for fish and helping
with the nitrogen cycle. How about low tech plants like Java fern, which you can attach to driftwood or a stone . Theres also Java moss and Marimo moss balls. All very hardy and low maintenance.

Back
Top Bottom