Live rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Morticus

Aquarium Advice Freak
I want to add live rock to a 50g tank, and would like to get fiji. Has anyone had any experience ordering from liveaquaria.com? I want to add about 65lbs, and would like to get some high quality stuff but not spend an insane amount. I wouldn't be against getting about half cheap base rock and half good stuff either. Where have you guys had the most success getting good LR from?

First off...Welcome to AquariumAdvicve.com!!! :smilecolros: :smilecolros: :smilecolros:
Check out www.liverocks.com for some of the best aquacultured LR available. If I was to choose between Fiji and Keys from liverocks.com, the keys would win hands down. If this is going onto an established tank with livestock, the liveaquaria fiji rock will need to be recured at home before adding it. It ussually has a two day shipping period so there is a lot of die-off on the rock. Adding it directly to your tank would cause an ammonia spike that would kill off most of your livestock. Liverocks.com packs their rock very well and it is ussually in transit for less then 18-20hrs. There is little die-off and is good to go directly into your tank. It comes loaded with great color, some corals, spnges and hitch hikers. Plus it is aquacultured so no rock is coming out of natural reefs.

The rock itself isn't really "alive". The algae, bacteria and critters on the rock are live. If you put "live rock" in with your base rock the extras you get with your rock will spread to your base rock making it all look like "live rock".

Back
Top Bottom