Livestock Stocking Suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KenK

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My saltwater tank has been up and going for a few months and all water parameters are excellent . I have now started to think about adding fish. I have read all the compatibility charts, but would like suggestions or even a list of what fishes everyone started with.

If you read the charts, then you are in better shape to make the right call. Think about reef compatibility, and most people recommend adding the more timid fish first, so they don't get harassed by more the more aggressive fish with established territories.

Just want to make sure you have seen this one.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/SWCompatibility.php

We all feel its a very exhaustive listing of information. I would say the livestock potentals is first based on tank size. I see in your sig you have a 65gal tank with 1 clown and 2 yellowtail damsels. So that helps focus the field. Unless your able to trade in the damsels and/or clown you will want something that will work for those fish as well as be comfortable in your 65 gal tank.

I would first sort thru the species chart to narrow down the field of acceptable species based upon your tank size. Once you have a list of types of fish you can look more at the specific familys. Overall I would suggest something in the dwarf angel, basslet, tang (a smaller variety), goby, firefish or cardnal, or chromis.

You really have a lot of options. Do you plan on a reef in the future? If so, that will narrow your selection down a bit.

Back
Top Bottom