Long Fin Rosey barb missing fins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FoxRob

Aquarium Advice Activist
When I left for work this morning all my Rosey barbs had there fins, get home this evening and one of them looks like it is struggling to swim so I look closer all of it's fins are gone. What can I do to save it or is it too late? I have 6 Roseys, 6 tin foil barbs, 6 tiger barbs, 3 blue gaurami's and 4 black skirt tetra's.

I have heard of using Melafix before for fin repair.
Someone will come along more knowledgeable than me that will be able to tell you if your other fish are fin nipping or not.

salt and heat. but really you need to fix the problem you have soooooo many fin nippers and some dont have the right numbers like the skirts.

hmmm id try to find the culprate i think it's the black skirts bc there are not 6. what size tank do u have?

Right now it's a 55 gallon, but we are getting a 150 gallon soon since we were mis informed about the size of the tin foil barbs right now everyone is small.

oh well if your getting it SOON why not just get everybody to 8 then there shouldnt be any nipping

Ok i got the melafix should I pull the carbon from the filter? I also picked up a breeder to keep him separated from the other fish for now. How much salt should I add to my tanks water and what temp should I raise the water temp up to? I normally add some salt to the water.

We found the nipers this morning. Bought 2 more black skirts but this morning the young tiger barbs were nipping at my bristlenose pleco and chasing the rosey's.

Back
Top Bottom