Long Hiatus, New fish: Brachyrhamdia imitator C. brevirostris

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Crepe

Aquarium Advice Addict
It's been a long while since I've been active on this forum (school and what not). And fish keeping has taken a back seat but here's my latest acquisition:
img00551x.jpg

It's a small naked catfish that interestingly has a similar patterning to several species of corydora such as C. melanistus and C. brevirostris. It's unknown why these catfish and others in the genus have these patternings to mimic corydora.

img00571p.jpg

If anyone's wondering about my dorm room reef. It's no longer set up. Way too much work to get RODI water in and out of the room. I've started a small planted tank in its stead. High tech of course:
img00611m.jpg

Here is a crappy picture of it. Its been flooded for about 6 days now.

My other project right now is putting together a small arduino ph/Temp controller. The parts have been ordered. I'll try to make a small build thread for that in the future: The pH chip itself is a work of art though:
26-ph-3-circuit.jpg

Cute fish and very nice tank. I look forward to such a tank when I can afford it. Nice one to keep in mind for setup.

Back
Top Bottom