LOOK What are these things on the live rock. info info...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brenden

Aquarium Advice Addict
Here are some pictures of the live rock. What are some of the things you see in the pictures and what do they do or help or whatever. ...Love to learn the more info the better! more to come.
Thanks
The wife :wink: :lol:

1# The white thing in the bottom picture what is it PRos and cons and what will it do?
2# The snail is a turbo but what are the pros and cons and predators?
3# The red tube what is it and what will it do pros cons.
The clam what kind is it?
Thank you :)

THe wife :wink:

2# The snail is a turbo but what are the pros and cons and predators?
Pros-Good cleaner Cons- grows large and tends to knock over rocks and corals that are not well secured. Also known as "bulldozers" lol.
1# The white thing in the bottom picture what is it PRos and cons and what will it do?
Most likely a type of sponge. As tanks mature things like this will come and go. No pros, no cons either.
3# The red tube what is it and what will it do pros cons.
The top pic I assume- the red thing looks like it has an eye in that picture to me...? Some type of shrimp, crab or fish.?

#1 Agree, excellent algae grazer
#2 Agree
#3 Turkey wing clam... Neither good nor bad, just is!

Cheers
Steve

Ok, I think the pics are flopped. 1 is 3 and 3 is one?
I agree on the turkey wing but the red tube is a tunicate. Filter feeder and are niether good or bad, they just are.
I agree the turbo is excellent for algae and bottom pic (white thing) looks like a sponge. Again, it's not good or bad, it just is.

Back
Top Bottom