Looking for a fish that can be kept single

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blert

Aquarium Advice Addict
Have a 37 gallon tank currently with:

9 assorted danios
5 bloodfin tetras
2 guppies
3 assorted corys

Looking to add two or three more bloodfins and two more corys in the near future. I would also like a fish that can be happy as a single. Maybe an angle or a gourami. Any other ideas for the single fish? And, do you feel this tank is/will be over-stocked?

I've always loved gouramis! Just make sure to get one of the less aggressive ones like the blue or the pearl or moon gourami if you can find one.

If you want a gourami get a dwarf or pearl gourami, they are much more peaceful than Trichogaster trichopterus (which are all the other "common" gouramis: blue, gold, opaline, etc)

You could always get a ram, krib,or small catfish(like SA bumblebee cat or upside down cat)

aqua_chem said:
Betta might be an option. Guppies might be a problem with a male though if they're really finny.

Considered a betta also. The guppies are not fancy with the long fins but they do have colorful flappy tails. They are fast though and should be able to outrun ( oops, outswim) a betta.

bruinsbro1997 said:
You could try an angelfish.

That's what I am leaning towards as the wife seems to like them the best. Going have to see one of those Bolivian rams in person first though, pics look nice but don't usually do things justice.

Back
Top Bottom