Looking for a pic of RCS shrimplets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheresaM

Aquarium Advice Addict
Anyone have a photo of RCS fry? I'm looking for the tiny, newly hatched shrimplets just to get an idea of size.

Thanks!

No pics as they are too small to even photo. They are see through and have two little eyes. They move really quick. I think they look like miniature fish. They are about 1mm long.

Keep Calm and breed shrimp!

No pics as they are too small to even photo. They are see through and have two little eyes. They move really quick. I think they look like miniature fish. They are about 1mm long.

Thanks! I have a small red rili tank on my desk that will be moving to the spouse's office. The little ones moving in there are dark, maybe different with red rili?

When I said they were tiny see through things that look like fish I made a mistake. They have turned out to be red cherry barb fry. No Idea how I've managed to breed these.

Keep Calm and breed shrimp!

When I said they were tiny see through things that look like fish I made a mistake. They have turned out to be red cherry barb fry. No Idea how I've managed to breed these.

Hey that's exciting, congrats! Cherries are nice fish, I got a trio last week.

I managed this pic of a Red Cherry shrimp at about 3 days.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423006292.238524.jpg
I have seen them smaller but not able to photograph them.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Cheers. Bit out of focus but the little devil wouldn't stay still and pose for me ?

I saw one about that size in my red rili tank yesterday but couldn't get a shot. I have a yellow though that I think I'll be seeing shrimplets from rather soon :D

Ok, I was doing small water changes in the shrimp tanks last night, glad I checked the water container because first I found a tiny RCS. Set that one up in a temporary bowl, started work on the Endlers/blue rili tank and found a blue shrimplet! Amazingly small, wow.

So I present to you, left to right: my finger, blue rili, RCS :)

img_3156254_0_9e07db3c35f53c7eec84a26d67b11b60.jpg

About as good as I could do

Sent from my VS950 4G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1423501820886.jpg
    1423501820886.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 83
  • 1423501834688.jpg
    1423501834688.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 78
To give you an idea of shrimpet size, I cover my canister inlet with some netting taken from an old green fish net. Every month, when I clean out the filter, it has 20 to 30 small shrimps living in it. I sieve them out and put them back in the main tank. They don't seem any worse for their early start in life.

I have about 25 super fire red shrimp fry in my five gallon right now, these are roughly 2 weeks old.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423520845.018924.jpg.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423585828.935278.jpg
Not totally sure how old this yellow rcs is. I didn't even think my shrimp had bread yet until I saw this little guy... The shrimp in front is about an inch long.

Just curious, do you guys have any good methods to prevent the baby shrimp from getting sucked up when you're siphoning your tanks?

Back
Top Bottom