Looking for a positive ID on a Flame Hawk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

snapcrackler

Aquarium Advice Addict
Is this guy really a flame hawk? He acts like one, from what I have read. But he has a white stripe instead of black and also different pretty colorations around eyes and bottom of gills too.

He is quite humorous and likes to perch all over the place, on top of snails, on mushrooms, you name it. The actinics make his eyes glow green at night! 8)

Anyway I traded some stuff for him at LFS and he is a welcome addition to the 70 with the 4 blue damsels. Besides doing the rude tail-swishing thing at the Hawk, the 4 yellowtail damsels have decided to stay away from him. I would imagine that he would not hesitate to bite one of these damsels if they behaved too rudely to him. hehe

It's not a flame, it's an arc eye hawkfish, nice looking one too, the ones I see anymore seem to be very faded in color. They get fairly large and are a danger to shrimp and small fish.

WOW that is cool!

Thanks, guys you guys are right on the ball as usual

that is way cool.

Um, I suppose he will be lunching on the dwarf hermits in this tank from what I have just read (Eats crustaceans..fish..etc basically anything it can fit into it's mouth) :?

LOL

Back
Top Bottom