Looking for a round/cylinder aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AnalogCanavity

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am looking for a round/cylinder aquarium that is around 25-35 gallons and under $500 dollars. I have found one called the biOrb 105 biorb :: biOrb 105 but on all the fish tank reviews I have not found that brand on any of them, (I am brand new to this hobby, so theres going to be a lot of noob questions). Also is Fish Tanks Direct - Buy Freshwater and Saltwater Aquariums Online a reputable website. So my main question is, are there any more round/cylinder aquariums that meet my specifications? Because I plan on putting some live plants in there and according to the manual http://www.biorb.com/files/6014/3267/0211/biOrb-biUbe-instructions.pdf it almost looks as if I have to uproot them every time I replace the filter. Also, does the biOrb have a built in heater and is the filter good quality with a good GPH rate. Finally do you think that its to hard to replace the filter, airstone etc. in the aquarium and not worth it.

Thanks

well from this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_ohJuhwHb0 it doesnt look hard at all to replace the filter but if you plant it and you plant over the filter then yes you will have to uproot the plants. personally i hate bowl aquariums. they give a fish eye look to everything in the tank, they are tougher to scape since they are round and they just dont have the room to plant like a standard aquarium does. i would stay away from these tanks if i were you. they might look cool and unique at first but i see them being a real pain to do anything with.

Last edited:
If you search to word Biorb in the freshwater forum you will find my threads. I’ve kept 15l, 30l and 60l Planted. I use the pond guru Biorb conversion method(YouTube) and had great success.

Back
Top Bottom