Looking for some knowledge on German Blue Rams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chronos313

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I have four GBR in my 55 gallon tank and so far it seems two have paired up but the other male and female don't seem to be interested in each other. Now I know they require extremely excellent parameters and well established tanks. But I'm wondering if anyone has any good websites or guides in how to raise them and care for them and even breed them. I've googled as much as I can find but it seems I just find minimal information at best. My lfs is okay and it's a mom and pop shop not a retail chain but he's limited as well. Any help would be much appreciated cuz I enjoy my rams. My two males tussle over the one female often even though there's lots of space to have territory lol. But I'd like to see him pair up with the other female. And lately the pair have been digging in the sand seemingly cleaning an area to possibly lay eggs. Only thing is the other male tends to disrupt them. Any tips?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

These are pictures of my pairImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409509909.969662.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409509929.984071.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409509940.342504.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

They are very easy to care for if you keep the water conditions perfect. I feed mine a homemade frozen food but they will eat anything. To breed them, water changes with cooler water will trigger spawning along with feeding them brine shrimp or bloodworms. The other pair might become a couple or the ones that paired off might trade partners after the first spawn or two. Mine changed mates until they found the right one, now everyone is happy and spawning like crazy. Raising the fry can be difficult for the first timer since it involves having a grow out tank, lots of feedings and water changes.

Back
Top Bottom