Looking to add to my 26 bowfront

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mwojciak91

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 26 bow front that has been set up for a while now about a month ago I added a couple German blue Rams and after getting them situated with some sexing issues and aggression behaviors all is well in this tank I have:

3 Pygmy corys
3 sterbai corys
1 panda Cory (who schools with sterbai)
2 GBR
5 white cloud minnow (who do great even though somewhat high temps for them)

- marineland penguin 100
- top fin internal filter 20g

My question is according aqadvisor I have some room for a couple more fish and I wanted some input on what people would think would be a good new addition?

Now I know people may say to add more corys since they are schooling, but my bottom dwellers seem just fine with the numbers they are at and I wouldn't want to crowd the bottom...I also have a 10 gallon with just 1 dwarf gourami, would it be ok to add the gourami even if one of the GBR's is somewhat aggressive?

Any and all advice is appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

How did you get the aggression issue resolved? I'm experiencing that issue now with 2 rams

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Well my aggression was from having 2 females and the one was bullied to the point where she started losing pigment from stress. So luckily I had a friend who was in the market for a ram so I gave the stressed one to my friend after it was quarantined and de-stressed. Then I went and got a different ram and everything has worked out since. How bad is the aggression?

Well, had the male first cause the lps only had males at the time probably about 4 months ago, then i have added a female this past week, and now he chases her alot, i have added some ornaments in the tank but it hasn't helped.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I am considering a krib(s)/dwarf gourami possibly...anyone have any compatibility advice with my current stocking?

Yes, they seem just fine, but that's not the case. You really need to up the schools.
The WCMMs may do great, but it shortens their lifespan. I'd get a rainbow cichlid or honey gourami.

Update: I've Decided to put my pygmy corys into my 10 gallon with the dwarf gourami from the 26 bowfront and I'm going to add 1-2 more to school up. This will free up some bottom space to school up the sterbais and maybe 1-2 more pandas as well. I just don't want to overcrowd the bottom of the tank. Thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom