Looking to get a crawfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
jetajockey said:
There are dwarf cajun crays also, and they are compatible with nearly anything that won't eat them.

Yes any dwarf crawfish I believe the Cajun is a different type like the dwarf orange crawfish.

jetajockey said:
There are dwarf cajun crays also, and they are compatible with nearly anything that won't eat them.

I can verify this. They don't get over one inch long and are pretty shy. They're easy to find where I live (smack dab in the center of Cajun Country). I had babies within a month of adding a single pair to my tank. They didn't survive the huge rescape I recently did so I'll probably add in a single one so as not to have them compete with my RCS. My old pair were named Jessie and James of Team Rocket fame. lol

You can easily sex them by peeking under their skirts.

Cammywammy said:
Sorry for your loss do you know the cause of death?

Yeah, I completely emptied the tank and changed the substrate. I used Osmocote under it and after refilling the tank the ammonia went off the API test scale for days. It's still at trace amounts after more than three weeks and I have to do daily water changes to keep the nitrates under 20ppm. It's starting to level off finally but the crawfish didn't make it. I just lost two neons in the last two days. Probably hurt the little guys when the ammonia was so high.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom