love me some peppers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jadefoodog

Aquarium Advice Regular
heres one kinda close

55589164.jpg

55589165.jpg

partial tank shot

55589166.jpg

theres 5 in the tank next to my desk , i just added more live plants . they show up awsome on the black sand. ive had those guys since they were bout 1/2 inch long now some are 1 and 1/4 and ones like 1 and 1/2. the tank may be a little overstocked but i do pwc's 2 or 3 times a week. they got a big ole shell they use as a cave and a bunch of live plants. i think all 6 of us are happy with the arangments. although im adding more plants soon

thanks, some of the plants are exsperiencing transplant shock so they are a bit off. ill post some pics a few months after im fisnished with that tank and everythings the green green it should be.

Nice fishes. I have 4 of those but lfs had them listed as spotted not pepper as I found out after I had them long enough to not want to part with them now I will halfto speed up my plan for a larger tank as I have them in a 29 gal now. I saw them at the lfs listed as spoted they were on my list as ok for my tank(2" fish) but as I came to realize not spotted but pepper(4" fish)but by then it was to late I was hooked (pun intended).

lol the size for peppers varies from site to site . from 1.5 icnes to 4 inches. ive got a variety of tanks and im getting a 55 soon so we will have to see.

i honestly hope they get 4 inches but if they only get 1.5 thats cool too.

I use sinking shrimp pellets to feed mine and always put them in the same place in the tank and they all get together and feed in a frenzy all you see is lttle tails and wiskers in aball do yours do that to. Also one of mine have become freinds with my magnifloat (I leave mine in the tank halfway up the glass on the side) every day he cleans it and sometimes even rests on top of stareing out into the abyss of my dining room. I will halfto get some picks to put here. My golden retreiver likes to watch the tank and when these little guys come bopping over my rocks his ears perck up as to say there they are. I think these fish are well loved in my house.

i feed mine flakes bloodworms and algie wafer chunks but they are in a planted tank so they munch on plant debri all day long

Back
Top Bottom