LPS sold me fish with camlanus worms!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PolyptRus

Aquarium Advice Freak
Our LPS sold me a fish sick with camlanus worms only thing is i didn't notice it until a few days after i had got it i quickly removed it from my main tank and put it in a separate tank.

It had already been too late though a week later and all my fish in that tank had signs of worms. I had done everything possible to try to treat them but nothing had worked eventually most of my fish died and the rest i had to euthanise because treatments were not working they just got worse.

Now i have had to completely start over with that tank and its cost me well over $200. All because of a $5.00 fish from pet valu!

Does anyone think there is anything i could do about this? Like to get this store in trouble stop them from selling fish or atleast get some money back? I really don't know what to do!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry about your loss. It seems most of us have experienced this at least once.

That's why quarantine is stressed so much. I still have some cories in QT. Been there for almost 2 weeks.

Most chain LFS have return policies, usually on the receipt. But if you've disposed of the fish already then you're probably out of luck.

This can happen with stock from anywhere. As mentioned it is why quarantining is recommended. If you don't quarantine this is the risk you run. It has happened to many, many people over the years and is not unique or common to you or your LFS. Asking them to compensate you is not a realistic expectation in my opinion. It is a part of the hobby and a risk we take.

Sorry about your loss. It seems most of us have experienced this at least once.

That's why quarantine is stressed so much. I still have some cories in QT. Been there for almost 2 weeks.

Most chain LFS have return policies, usually on the receipt. But if you've disposed of the fish already then you're probably out of luck.

100%. People rarely QT until they get an experience like this though sadly.

Back
Top Bottom