LR, Ammonia, and Protein Skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SWGuppie

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
OK, I got my LR from TBSaltwater. Its the most INCREDIBLE rock ever, it has soooooooo much life on it its crazy!!!! Right now i'm "cycling" my tank. Everything is around Normal, but I wanted to know what to do about my Ammonia, I change the water every other day...the Ammonia is at .5-.25....Is that safe for the life thats on the rock right now? When I picked out this rock I didn't notice hardly any life on it, but it has so much I don't even know what to do! there is an anenome, crabs, snails and some clams/mussels of some sort! and all this little things with fans that pop open and close really fast! its amazing? Should I start feeding them?? what to do?

That ammonia level sounds fine. I would not worry until it creept up to the 1.0 range.

IM glad your happy with your rock. I am envious as I dont have access to hand select such quality rock.

Yes, TBSaltwater is one HECK of a store! Beautiful rocks, incredible anenomes!!! beautiful colors on their rock, everything superb!

So basically my Ammonia is good until it gets to 1.0?! =D

Also, I bought a protein skimmer...uhh, now what? lol

Sorry for the late reply. Was your question weather to turn the skimmer on or not? Or is it "now what" to expect in your marine system?

Back
Top Bottom